Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012!

2011 was quite the year for the Sanders household and I apologize for the lack of post the last part of the year. I will try to do a little re-cap of the craziness that this last year was for us.
January: My grandmother got sick, got better, got sick again, got well again and moved into an assistant living home. Oh, and Auburn won the National Championship.
February: Baby Meg turned 2 years old, where does the time go? We also finalized house plans for our renovations, known as Phase 3.
March: Phase 3 began. Andy and I did as much of the demolition as we could and then we packed up and moved out. We thought it was only going to be for 12-16 weeks.
April: Andy took over as President of the bank. That is still crazy to say, Andy is the President of a bank and he is only 35 years old. And yes, that would make me the First Lady of a bank - ha, ha!
May: Still out of our house. Wenn finishes pre-K but not without her "friend that is a boy" breaking up with her on the last day of school. She was okay and said "I will just make somebody else love me".
June and July: Still out of our house and working on it every chance we get.
August: Still out of our house. My hope was to be back home when school started but it didn't happen. We moved out of the house where we were staying and in with my mother. Not fun!
Wenn started KINDERGARTEN! Can you believe it? I still can't at times.
September: Still out of our house, for most of the month. I think we moved home right around our anniversary on the 28th. We had no kitchen but we were home and happy to be there.
October: Wenn turned 6, it takes two hands to show somebody that you are 6. We surprised her with a trip to see Taylor Swift in Memphis. It was a great show and she loved it.
November and December: Holidays, family and friends.
And that brings me to now. Santa brought us painters to finish everything up in the house and we are so thankful. We have learned that it is nearly impossible to do the painting yourself, be a decent parent and work day jobs and not completely lose your mind. Thank you to everyone that helped along the way, we appreciate everything! I'm not sure I am going to keep this blogging thing going or not but I at least wanted to touch base. I don't like to do things half way and this blog has been a half way job at best. I'm going to think about it and decide but for now, Happy 2012! May your year be full of abundant blessings and love!

1 comment:

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

It wouldn't let me respond to your comment... bc your email address wasn't linked. I actually found my mirror at a thrift store for $5!!